Fancy Fans

After a little lie in (thanks Simon!) I was in my element this morning playing with August Kit for my second LO for the Gallery, sitting in PJ's with tea and toast helped too:D
I had in my mind to make an oriental fan which was going to be a size of about 6x12" but whilst making a smaller prototype I decided that I would use that instead as it was so cute:D A happy accident happened whilst doing this LO and the fan fell onto the branch on the Hybrid print out I had enlarged - and WOW it suddenly looked like a tree!!:lol:





I used August Create, G2P & Hybrids for the design above.

This photo holds sweet memories of a cuddle Harry and I share as we waited to leave on our last day of Harry's Make A Wish trip. Harry was sad to be going home so a hug was the best way to spend those last few minutes before we left, we sat in the shade surrounded by the pretty garden at the front of GKTW so a little 'scenery' design was perfect!

The Hambly transparency was ideal to cut into segments to create the 'fan' that makes the tree top, it added that extra feel to the quirkiness of the LO that represents the village with all its little cartoon touches. Adding alternative fan sections really does make it stand out, a larger one to cover a whole 12x12 LO could easily be made too - how great would that look on a LO!

The KI Lace Cardstock was trimmed down so that is covered just a small section which made a great base to start building up the Hybrid elements and title. I couldn't resist adding the final touches to the scene with some free hand drawn and cut out clouds!

Lx

Comments

  1. I love it Lorraine x
    Beautiful photo and the tree is just inspired x
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patterns From The Past

Foggy Bottom